Join Our Team
Experienced Welder/Fabricator Wanted
We are an established job shop located approximately 20 miles west of Portland looking for an experienced welder/fabricator to help lead our team. This position requires the applicant to work on a variety of projects, so flexibility and critical thinking skills are required.
Applicants must have experience MIG and TIG welding stainless steel, aluminum, and mild steel. Installation experience is required. Our ideal applicant will be able to read shop plans, work independently, shear and form metal, and is familiar with a variety of tools and machinery. A good driving record is required as this position will at times require you to drive company vehicles.
Attitude is important to us. While the ability to work independently is desired we also need someone who can be a team player. Our ideal applicant understands the importance of punctuality, has reliable transportation and is willing to work overtime on short notice when necessary to complete a job.
Summary of desired qualifications:
- Experience MIG and TIG welding stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel
- Experience with independent field installation
- Ability to manage a project from beginning to end with minimal supervision
- Possess basic math skills
- Skilled at using equipment such as press brake, shear, grinder, etc.
- Ability to work from blueprints and shop drawings, as well as verbal instruction
We would like to find a long-term employee and to that end offer benefits, including health insurance and retirement benefits after a probationary period.
Regular business hours are 7am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday, with some weekends and other overtime required as needed.
Pay depends on experience. Please email Resume and cover letter to NorthwestMetalProductsOffice@gmail.com